It’s Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) season, and while lack of Vitamin D may not affect most Atlantans, the season also marks the advent of holiday season. Last-minute shopping trips, out-of-town family dinners, bustling airports: the not-so-jolly side of the holidays.
Time spent away during the holidays, whether on business or for family obligations, can mean your lovable pal is left alone at home. Well, not for long! DiOGi Pet Services & Training has a simple solution to your holiday dilemma: pet sitting!
DiOGi is an innovative pet sitting service that will not only work with your schedule, but will also work with the unique needs of your—and this is according to their website—“furry, feathered, or scaly baby.”
Proud members of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers and Pet Sitters International Association, these pet sitters aren’t even just pet sitters, they’re dog walkers, pet trainers, groomers, and professional pet parents all rolled into one!
One of the most unique things about DiOGi is their stance on behavioral issues: while most boarding resorts or doggie daycares have required temperament tests and restrictions on certain breeds (for important reasons, of course), DiOGi boasts that taking care of pets with special needs or behavioral issues is actually their forte! While this may limit options for socialization, pet sitting is a fantastic and convenient alternative for pals who just like to Netflix and chill, instead of hitting up the clubs (A.K.A. doggie daycare).
1. DiOGi offers tons of great training courses for pups, from basic obedience training (ie: training your puppy not to do it’s thing in your brand new Jordans) to advanced therapy and obedience dog training.
DiOGi even has a certified dog trainer on their team (CPDT-KA certified), Emily Parker, who places emphasis on positive reinforcement techniques rather than reward-and-punishment tactics. Parker works with the rest of the pet sitters and dog walkers to make sure everyone is in the know. So whether you’re living it up in the Tropics, or busy doing the 9-5 grind, you can be assured your pup will be learning awesome new skills. Hey, they may even teach your mischievous pup that your kicks are totally off limits.
2. DiOGi offers both short and long visits, both of which typically include: potty times, tons of bellyrubs, playtime and a meal. Short visits, like the one with this ridiculously cute Yorkie, range from 20 to 30 minutes, while longer sessions can be up to an hour. 3. Let’s just take a moment to appreciate how happy Iggy is, joyously frolicking in her own backyard, in East Atlanta. Is there anything better on the Internet right now? I really don’t think so.
3. Pets are always more comfortable in their home than in a strange environment, no matter how awesome that new environment may be, and DiOGi’s number one priority is your pet’s comfortability. Plus, with in-home pet sitting, you get the added advantage of someone coming to water your plants, grab your mail and deter any neighborhood prowlers from trying to sneak in.
4. One of the features that DiOGi offers is walking excursions! Short walks are typically 30 minutes and long walks are about an hour. DiOGi sitters make sure your pet gets the perfect amount of exercise during their visit to ensure that when you get home they’re sleepy and totally content.
5. DiOGi is completely, 100%, insured and fully bonded through Business Insurers of the Carolinas. They also perform extensive background checks on all DiOGi pet professionals, so rest assured your pal is in totally safe and competent hands.
6. Jogging lovers at DiOGi love having a pal to run with, and your high-energy pup makes the perfect companion. If your pup is like a “Days of Our Lives” marathon (in the sense that it never, ever seems to run out of momentum), DiOGi has you covered.
7. Not only does DiOGi pet sit your average, run-of-the-mill pets, they also pet-sit pigs! Pig sit? Luther the pig can totally attest to this.
8. DiOGi won’t just train your pup to sit pretty and fetch, they’ll train them to do totally sweet skateboard tricks. Olley hasn’t yet mastered the art of the “ollie,” but his name suggests it’s definitely in his future. Your pal is just sessions away from becoming a YouTube star, legit.
9. If one thing is true about cats, it’s that changes in their environment are inherently stressful. It’s one of the most stressful things they can experience in their lifetime. That’s why pet sitting is a great alternative to kennels and boarding resorts. An unmoved cat is a happy cat.
10. DiOGi also offers top of the line transportation for your pet. The sleek VIP Pet Taxi will pick up your pal and bring them to the groomers, the vet, doggy daycare, or pick them up so they can just cruise around. The taxi uses doggy seat belts or crates, depending on your unique preference. The total price includes wait times, pick up and drop off.
11. If your pet needs more than just oral meds, the staff at DiOGi are trained to administer injections, like insulin (though according to Georgian law it must be pre-drawn) and express bladders and bowels. The rad professionals at DiOGi are also experienced with pups in wheelchairs! They’ll make sure all your pal’s special needs are met in a competent and compassionate way.
12. If your pup is already being visited by DiOGi staff, they’re also fit to get a nice grooming session. Any walks, runs, or sleepover sessions apply, too. Not only is this pom being bathed like a boss, he’s also getting the full treatment—organic shampoo and conditioners, available in both Tea Tree and Oatmeal. They’ll also use your pet’s normal shampoo if you don’t want your pal smelling like a Bath & Body Works.
13. Trips to the library? Oh yeah, DiOGi makes it happen. Bacon Book Club is even taking new members. Guaranteed way to pick up the babes.
14. If The Sandman can make it through Monday, so can you. DiOGi makes nights away from home and your best pal easy. You can rest at night knowing he’s having a sleepover with the DiOGi team, in the comfort of his own bed.
15. DiOGi offers hour-long “field trips” that help reinforce training techniques. After an initial consultation with you and a DiOGi trainer, they’ll come up with an action plan to positively reinforce certain behavioral habits. They’ll pick your pal up, bring them to the park or a pet store, and train away. Your pup will even get socialization from other pups around and tons of exercise.
16. DiOGi is a one-on-one pet sitting service, which allows your pal to get the personalized attention he needs. Even with all the walks, runs, field trips, grooming and even the reinforcement of positive training—your pal will still have time to stop and smell the roses.