If I know one thing about Atlanta (besides having one too many Peachtree Streets), it’s that we love our pets. Our pets are our number ones. And when you’re trying to balance your personal and professional life while raising a pup, it can be tough. Your pup is your wingman, best friend, and cuddle buddy (maybe only when no one’s watching), and you want the best for him. When you need a doggie daycare or boarding resort it can be tough to decide which one suits your needs (and your pup’s needs, too). That’s why we’ve compiled this list of all the reasons you should visit Bark ATL — straight from their Facebook page.
Bark ATL is a cage-free boarding and daycare centre. It’s a premier retreat for pups of all ages with a convenient Midtown location. It features 24-hour on-site staff, devoted to keeping small play groups safe and happy. With streaming webcams you can check right on your smartphone and even grooming services, Bark ATL is a one-stop puppy oasis. If we haven’t sold you already, here are the 17 reasons why you need to take your pup to Bark ATL.
1. With a large outdoor space, your pup will get much-needed socialization, exercise, and some serious vitamin D. Not only will they have lots of room to roam and play, but they’ll also get one-on-one attention, affection, and interaction. Pups love being outside and socializing in a pack. Bark ATL lets them do their thing, without the restriction of an uncomfortable cage.
2. With only 15-20 pups boarding per night, Bark ATL lets pups roam free all day and all night (with careful 24-hour supervision, of course). More importantly, they have a steady routine they follow nightly: at 7:30 PM all pups are carefully fed, then blankets and pillows are brought out and the slumber party starts. Lights are dimmed and soft music is played. Last potty break is at 9 pm and then all pups curl up for the night. This routine allows pups to adapt to the new environment without needing the restrictions of a cage.
3. Looking fancy, Marilyn. Is it Halloween or is she just getting her photo op before running to Polaris down the block for some surf ‘n’ turf? Bark ATL takes Halloween seriously. Very seriously.
4. Wanna make your pup’s birthday special? Bark ATL has you covered. You can invite your pup’s favorite pals to their birthday bonanza, which will include doggy cupcakes, doggy ice cream, and tons of photos to show off on Facebook. Yeah — you’re gonna be that guy.
5. Bark ATL is a 3000 square-foot, cage-free environment, which is great for creating a relaxed, home-like atmosphere for your pup. With smaller play groups, pups can develop friendships and play without feeling overwhelmed. There are three play rooms with rubber flooring so that your pup can play hard with less physical impact on their joints.
6. Bark ATL also has a large outdoor space! With plenty of shade, K-9 grass (an artificial grass designed specifically for dogs), K-9 Cabana, misters, and kiddie pools, your pup will feel like the king of the castle. And if he doesn’t feel like playing, he can always lounge in the doggie hammocks and take a nap in the sun. What a life.
7. Kiddie pools. This one deserves a number of its own. Your pup will love taking a dip on a hot day. And — even better — you’ll get FB pics of your adorable wet pup without that slightly less adorable wet pup smell.
8. So… this one may be slightly emasculating for your pup, but c’mon, you know pictures of your stoic pup in pink bunny ears (in the spirit of Easter, of course) will make the ladies ‘awww’ for days.
9. Bark ATL and the pups that hang there do not take Sundays lightly. Go Falcons!
10. When the pups at Bark ATL aren’t taking selfies, they’re getting caught up in a pup reality show. Whether you wanna catch up on the daily drama or just see if your pup is havin’ a good time, you can watch the streaming Bark ATL cams right from their website. During daycare hours you can check up on most areas in the space: the Mid-Hound Lounge, Little Pup Lane, Big Dog Way, and even the K-9 Courtyard.
11. This little rascal might look overwhelmed by all the Bark ATL paperwork, but we trust that he’s got it covered. With twenty-four hour supervision, these pups are able to explore a little bit and have some fun once daycare hours are over.
12. Uh, rough night, man? Or maybe he’s just taking it easy, livin’ it up at the Bark ATL dog boarding center. Cage-free, this boarding center is separated into zones where your pup can chill with dogs of similar temperaments and size. You can even bring your pup’s own bedding in to make the experience more comfortable.
13. Does this one even need a caption? These guys aren’t just well-trained (and photogenic) they’re patriotic, too!
14. And they’re civilized. Probably even more civilized than the bathroom line at a bar downtown. The Bark ATL staff is dedicated to training your pup to have the best manners possible, and judging by this photo, I think they know what they’re doing.
15. This guy is on cloud nine. After a full day of wading in the pool, playing with pals, and eating good meals, he’s understandably sleepy and content.
16. Pups are fed separately at Bark ATL, one by one, to ensure they have plenty of time to relax and eat. Bark ATL even records every feeding to stay on top of your pup’s eating habits. Because of the small play groups, each pup gets personalized attention when it comes to lunch and dinner.
17. Bark ATL is a small facility, dedicated to giving your pup both stability and freedom. With lots of simple pleasures and familiar faces, your pup will come to think of Bark ATL as a second.