Atlanta is host not only to the Coca Cola Headquarters (and Andre 3000, represent!), but also to a variety of doggie daycares, boarding centers, and grooming stations.
We know your pup is your BFF and that it can be really hard to navigate these doggie sanctuaries to find the perfect one. That’s why we’ve done all the research for you. So close that Instagram app, grab that latte, and let’s do this.
Begg’n To Stay: the trademark slogan of Dog Days Atlanta.
Okay, not only is this punny, it’s also so true. I’m not even a pup and I’m begging to stay. Just one dip in the pool, pleeease? Oh, did I mention the pool yet? And the gym?! And the costumes?! But I’m definitely getting ahead of myself.
Dog Days has three locations throughout Atlanta: Midtown, Westside, and Buckhead.
Each location offers a “play-all-day” doggie daycare, overnight boarding, and grooming services. Dog Days predicates itself on the fact that they can give your pup an intimate, attention-soaked experience. They divide your pup’s time between indoor and outdoor activities, and even take them on off-site field-trips (more on this to come)!
They can do this because they take fewer dogs, enabling them to give your pup all the attention he needs and deserves. And, bonus: they’re completely cage free! With a limited amount of pups running around, everyone is adequately supervised and free to play. With outdoor adventures, a swim club, and a boutique full of all kinds of treats, Dog Days has it all. But don’t take my word for it… let’s explore!
1. Since I’ve already mentioned the pool, here it is! Dogs Days is the first in Atlanta to offer a Canine Swim Club.
Swimming has tons of health benefits for your pup, like increasing flexibility, balance, coordination, muscle strength, endurance, and even circulation. It’s a natural confidence booster, too, and helps with injuries of all kinds.
And if you’re wondering about the water (“Do they use chlorine?!” “Is it safe?”), it’s completely dog-friendly.
The pool is actually designed for dogs, and cleans the water with a special copper/silver ionizer. So no chlorine. Absolutely no toxic chemicals. 100% safe for your pup and his new friends.
(P.S. You can book private pool parties, too! Just imagine all the cute pics.)
2. I’m sorry. I just had to. Look at his poor little cute face. But this is the kinda thing Dog Days Atlanta is all about—no, not day-drinking martinis on a Sunday—they love to have fun! And they believe your pup should have fun, too.
Each pup gets specialized, individual attention 24/7, 365 days a year.
Pups at home will often misbehave out of boredom or loneliness, but at Dog Days they’re socializing all day! Imagine if your Twitter, Insta, FB, and LinkedIn were all blowing up at once. Now imagine that’s how your pup would feel every day at Dog Days.
Halloween is especially crazy, because Dog Days loves doggie dress-up.
3. Dog Days is not kidding about their happy puppy policy. These pups are riding shotgun on their way to an adventure-filled field trip! These guys only ride in style.
4. I’m on a Halloween kick, I know. But I mean, come on, how can you not love this photo? Dog Days has so much fun and it’s clear that the pups do, too.
(And FYI, poor Senior Latte won the Halloween Contest but didn’t get to touch the chocolate or tequila. Only organic treats and doggie pops for him!)
5. These pups get exercise. Serious exercise. With daily walks and excursions in their supervised play groups (which are based on temperament), your pup and his squad will get totally fit.
6. Welcome to Dog Days—where even the receptionist is a pup. Well, only when the retail shop closes.
Dog Days Atlanta offers open hours all week for pick and drop off, and when those time slots close, these pups get free rein (under controlled supervision, of course). Even though you won’t be able to pick up or drop off your pet at all hours, at least you’ll know that your pup is happy and safe all day long in their ultra-supervised play groups.
7. Dog Days is even in cahoots with some local businesses, like Nancy G’s Cafe. If you hate leaving your pup at home when you go out to eat, I have two words: “um, don’t.”
Instead, take him to Nancy G’! With his own menu and a shady spot, your pup will love dining out with you. Plus, if you keep your receipt, Dog Days will provide dessert! Yum.
8. Your pup will never have a boring birthday again at Dog Days. Because the environment is so intimate, everyone gets showered with extra affection on their birthday. He is definitely living it up!
9. With King of Pops right down the street from Dog Days, your pup will be alternating between your Arnold Palmer pop and his own Lick-A-Lot!
10. Atlanta is beautiful and with Dog Days, the wide open hill country is open for exploration. Dog Days has exclusive access to a few private farms in the outskirts of Atlanta, giving your pup the opportunity to swim in the lake, run around in the grassy fields, and hang out with the local horses.
These outdoor adventures are supervised by a team of professionally trained staff and documented all day to show you all the fun your pup had on the private trails, beach, and acres of land!
11. See what I mean? Even Cinco de Mayo is just another excuse to dress up!
12. Like Riley’s new ‘do? Dog Days also offers grooming services! With a true spa experience, your pup will be shampooed and conditioned with natural aromatherapy products. You can even choose to have your pup groomed before or after playtime.
All pups that board overnight are always automatically given departure baths so they come home smelling extra fresh.
13. A typical day at Dog Days Atlanta: wake up, stretch, eat, swim, sunbathe, sleep, and repeat. Okay, where do I sign up?
With kiddie pools, outdoor spaces, and a swim club, it is impossible to be bored! And if your pup is totally bored? A nice cold, refreshing, empty Bud Light should do the trick.
14. N’aw, this is just too cute. Let’s just say Valentine’s Day will never suck again.
15. So many treats! These lactose-free and canine-friendly Lick-A-Lot treats are always a hit.
16. Whether your pup likes chillin’ in the kiddie pool like Harold or lounging in the sun, each Dog Days location offers expansive outdoor and indoor areas to keep your furry friend occupied all day long.
17. At Dog Days, the loving staff is trained to understand the dynamics and complexities of dog interactions. They’ll teach your pup socialization exercises that will boost their confidence and tame their manners! You’ll have a southern belle (or beau!) in no time.
18. When the pups at Dog Days aren’t on one of their outdoor adventures, they’re getting exercise Dog Days Style: treadmill workouts!
If you’ve ever worried your pup isn’t going on enough walks or getting enough physical activity, Dog Days has you covered. And when your pup is burning off all that extra weight and excess energy, you’ll be able to see the progress he’s making by checking in with the webcams or any of Dog Day’s social media accounts!
19. Olive loves the Unique Boutique and Organic Market (mostly because of the all-natural and/or organic treats, bones, and granola they sell)! The boutique also offers super cute bedding, collars, and toys, as well as premium dog food like Orijen, Taste of the Wild, and Primal.
The dog food available is completely natural with no added fillers or preservatives. Raw or grain-free diets can also be accommodated with the shop’s large selection of high quality, diet-specific premium brands.
20. Dog Day Atlanta’s Midtown location is over 8,000 square feet and provides a non-traditional boarding experience for your pup.
With over twelve hours of play, non-stop human interaction, and indoor and outdoor play areas, your pup will be wiped out by the end of the night. And if they’re not?
Oh yeah, they play classical music or nature sounds to lull your furry pal to sleep.
Like I said: sign me up.
21. This sleepy trio is totally oblivious to the fact that they’re on cam (and on Insta)! You can watch your pup through the webcams they have in both the big dog room and small dog room. You don’t even need a password!
If that wasn’t enough, they post tons of photos every day, so your pup will be an Instagram star before you know it.
22. USA. USA. USA. On the fourth of July, even the pups are patriotic!
23. Aw, poor Russell and Mary Jane miss their mom and dad. At least they get postcards!
M+D do not have to be worried, though: Buckhead Hotel, the doggie boarding space at Dog Day’s Buckhead location, offers each pup their own suite, a daily cleaning service, and individual drinking and feeding bowls. They wanna keep your pup’s diet as close to normal as possible, so bringing food in a zip-locked bag is totally recommended.
Dog Days can handle administering doggie medicines, too, so if your pup has any special issues, they’ve got you covered.
24. Squad goals for reaaaal. Dog Days Atlanta separates pups into play groups by temperament and size. Before boarding at the hotel or signing up for day play, a temperament test is required.
It’s a four hour, complimentary test that should be scheduled and completed at least twenty-four hours before boarding. Dog Days is a cage free zone, and this test just ensures all pets on board have a safe experience!
25. What a cool dude. Just a typical day at Dog Days: picking up chicks and relaxing in the sun. Though the outdoor play areas don’t have any grassy areas, there is plenty of room on the deck to kick it.
26. It’s going down. Okay, turn your volume up: this is a totally accurate representation of the outdoor field-trips. This video definitely speaks for itself.
27. Dog Days is so intimate that they not only know every dog’s name, but also their likes and dislikes. That kind of specialized treatment is nice, especially when your furry beau is a wannabe Tiger Woods.
28. Whether you’re a busy pet parent who wants a second home for your pup during the long workday, or a wanderlust traveller who needs a safe and loving environment for your pal while you’re away, Dog Days guarantees to keep your pup from getting too lonely.
With personalized all-day attention, a pool and gym, good food and good company, your pup will be in great hands.
After seeing all of these reasons, it should be a no-brainer as to why Dog Days Atlanta is a great spot for your pup!