What are all the dogs barking about in Atlanta, Georgia?
No, it’s not their fine food, festivals and fun (although, that’s a great reason to visit), it’s the Doguroo canine care-facility located in Midtown West of this fair city.
Pronounced “dog-oo-roo” for their love of dogs and their striving efforts to be the “guru” of all things canine, this care-facility is the go-to place when your pet needs boarding, training, grooming, vet service, retail products or just a dog-gone good doggy-sitter for the day.
Need more information? We’ve taken the liberty of listing 21 tail-waggin reasons why you need to take your pup to Doguroo. It truly is something to howl about, just ask this little fella!
1. Dedicated “Pack Members” are always there to ensure the safety, wellbeing and of course fun, for your canine fur-baby.
These trained professionals are here because they WANT to interact with your pet and make their stay one they will look forward to every once-in-awhile; for over-nighters or even on a daily basis—they truly do put the “guru” in dog-uroo!
Plus, tummy rubs are always FREE, just roll over and ask!
2. Why leave your dog at home when you go to work or school when Doguroo can provide your pup with the fun and interaction he or she craves?
This canine-care facility offers over 2,000 square feet (609.6 square meters) of outdoor play yards that are divided into specific spaces according to the size and temperament of each canine visitor—so no need to worry if you have a teacup or toy breed—each dog will be evaluated by trained supervisors, then allowed to run and socialize in the proper outdoor play area.
3. Yard Control is always practiced at Doguroo to ensure their canine-visitors are playing safely without aggression or “bullying.” Although, dogs are highly social creatures they can still become over-excited, especially when in “pack” situation. That’s why the professional folks at Doguroo are specifically trained to spot the signs of misbehavior before it becomes too elevated.
4. Every pet parent knows those pesky fleas can be a problem in the summer months, which is one of the reasons why Doguroo’s play yards are surfaced in concrete. This not only keeps the fleas in the ground, but allows for proper cleaning and sanitization.
5. If the weather is too terrible to enjoy the great outdoor play yards, then Doguroo has over 7,000 square feet of indoor play areas. These climate-controlled “fun runs” give your pooch the same advantages as being outside, except he will stay clean, dry and happy.
6. The good folks at Doguroo know your pooch will need time to acclimate to it’s surroundings. For this reason, each pup is put into a den before he or she is allowed into the play area.
Here, the dog can relax and smell the smells and hear the sounds before being slowly introduced to those sources.
7. Looking to go away on vacation or need to home your canine companion while you’re away on an overnight business trip? Doguroo is here to help! Spacious dens are available for your dog as long as you need it.
Here, your precious pooch will have it’s own private bed, with meals served once, twice or thrice daily. Sometimes, the nap just can’t wait any longer…sweet daydreams, big guy!
8. If you have a senior dog or one that just can’t keep up with the busy pace of the pack, you can request a nap for your pooch where he or she will be placed in one of the quiet dens to relax and unwind.
The professionals at Doguroo may also suggest some down time for your pet depending on their observations.
9. What’s better after a day of play than some ice cream?
Your dog can experience this pleasure as well with Lick-a-lot ice cream made especially for dogs and available in the retail section of Doguroo. If you opt for this luxury, your pooch will be served his or her very own pet-friendly ice cream in a bowl in the privacy of their own den. Who wants ice cream? YUM!!
10. Nobody likes that “wet dog” smell, that’s why the professional groomers at Doguroo are there seven days-a-week to make your sweetie smell sensational. The basic “scrub” includes a bath with drying and a light brushing. For a bit more, you can opt for the full-on “scrub plus” which includes the bathing/conditioning, drying and brushing with three added extras.
Choose from nail trim, ear cleaning, teeth brushing, anal glands clean, oatmeal shampoo & conditioner, flea treatment shampoo or medicated shampoo. This big pup doesn’t have to fret, that smell will come right out!
11. The groomers at Doguroo can also give your pup a makeover with specialized hair styling, nail polish, nail grinding and even a “shed-less” treatment—greatly reduces the amount of shed hair—which is a wonderful alternative to shaving your pet down to the skin.
12. If you’re in a hurry and just want to wash your dog yourself, Doguroo has you covered there, too, with their “self serve wash.”
Their user-friendly stations come equipped with elevated tubs, pressure sprayers, temperature controls, shampoos, grooming tools, towels and dryers. Leave the mess behind when you scrub-a-dub-the-dog at Doguroo Self Serve Wash.
13. Do you have a new puppy? Why not attend the FREE puppy classes/playtime at Doguroo?
Designed for puppies from 8 to 18 weeks-of-age, the puppy classes allow your fur-baby to socialize with other pupsters (in a controlled environment) while “Mom” and “Dad” are given access to dog trainers, grooming tips and nutritional advice, as well as free samples and discount coupons.
Just look at all the fun these little bundles-of-love are having!
14. Don’t put up with the naughty behavior of your dog when Doguroo is here for you. With the help of the Jabula dog training academy, you can have your pooch staying and obeying until the “dog bones come home.”
Sign your pooch up today to get the aid you need in helping Fido remember his manners. These canines are lined-up and ready to go!
15. Fun-o-plenty is the key to making any canine happy. Doguroo’s fully equipped indoor play area will keep your dog well entertained and busy making new friends and trying new adventures. This interaction gives your dog both the physical and mental stimulation he or she craves each day.
What could be more exciting than hanging out in a room with a “few” of your closest pals?!
16. Every once-in-awhile our beloved pets feel under the weather, so Doguroo now has a PetWell Veterinary Healthcare, full-service, a state-of-the-art Veterinary hospital adjoined to Doguroo Midtown West.
Although, this service is separate from the dog care-facility, it does work seamlessly with Doguroo, complimenting their service and product offerings by covering all of your dog’s health care needs. From annual vaccinations to serious health issues, these professional veterinarians are here to make things all better again.
17. While you’re at Doguroo, check out their one-stop shop for all your pet’s needs—flea & tick preventative, bowls, training aids, cleaning supplies, and even Pet Odor Exterminator candles! Also choose from top of the line travel accessories, pet beds, supplements and grooming products including all-natural shampoos.
18. Busy Buddy, Go Dog and Kongs are just a few of the awesome brands of dog toys that Doguroo carries so there’s no need to go anywhere else.
Pop in and buy your best bud a new toy before you leave him overnight or as a nice “welcome back” surprise! Seasonal toys are also made available for those special occasions.
19. Want to check out the pupsters at Doguroo online? They have webcams set up so you can take a peek at what’s going on any time of the day, whether you have a dog there or not. Just click on their link and you will be taken to the indoor and outdoor play areas to watch the fun!
20. Doguroo knows you will miss your fur-baby while you’re away, so they dedicate time each day to photograph members of “the pack” and upload them to the daily picture archive. From here you can find your dog and create an album of his or her stay. Great memories are made, like this birthday pic of Bodie. Nice Hat!!
21. Who’s at Doguroo today? Is that cute little Yorkie the pooch your dog has a crush on or his best buddy Brutus going to be there to hang out with? Check on the “Who’s Here” list to find out so you’ll know if your dog is going to have the time of his life today or not.
Whether you just want to meet some new peeps or find new doggie friends for your canine companion, Doguroo in Midtown West of Atlanta Georgia is the place to be.
Check out their services on the web or call to make an appointment. You are sure to love what you see and hear from their dedicated professionals.