While Atlanta’s spirit animal is technically the Phoenix, I’d like to think that at the heart of every Atlantan there’s a wide-eyed, furry, four-legged pal. There’s absolutely nothing like a pup to bring you out of the ashes (I mean, if we’re keeping with the metaphor). Dogs are our companions, our best friends. Sometimes, though, we have obligations that don’t include a plus one. That’s where doggie daycares and doggie boarding centers come in; far from being a traditional kennel, your pup will have opportunities to socialize and play freely.
One of these innovate doggie resorts is Puppy Haven, a spacious and clean environment owned by two Brookhaven residents. Located in the heart of Brookhaven with another location in Roswell underway, this dog daycare and boarding center offers a team of professionals, a large and clean space, and live webcams to keep both you and your pup comfortable and happy. There are fifteen reasons you should consider taking your pup to Puppy Haven, according to their own Facebook page!
1. Puppy Haven is an inclusive puppy paradise designed to give your pup a safe and clean environment. The doggie resort even collaborates with Atlanta Lab Rescue, an organization that rescues labs from volatile or abusive situations and places them in loving homes. Beau is earning his keep while looking for his furever home by working behind the desk at Puppy Haven!
2. Puppy Haven has a large outdoor space at their Brookhaven location. They’re dedicated to giving your pup lots of room to exercise and play with over 5,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor play areas.
3. Pico is getting into the Christmas spirit! Though they have specific holiday hours, they also have some generous holiday packages.
4. Offering a more comforting doggie boarding experience than most traditional kennels, Puppy Haven has 30 private guestrooms to accommodate your pup. Climate controlled, spacious, and equipped with your pup’s favorite blankets (if you choose to bring them!), these guest rooms are cage free and perfect for giving your pup the individual space they need to eat and sleep. There are even 12 pawpular luxury suites with 24 feet of privacy for your pampered pup.
5. Like most cage-free doggie daycares, Puppy Haven requires a complementary temperament test prior to your pup’s stay. Even though pups are grouped with pals of their own size (small, medium, and large dogs), personality, and activity level, a simple temperament test ensures each pup will get along with the rest of the Puppy Haven crew.
6. I really don’t have anything to say about this pic except… these pooches are too cool.
7. Similar to the size of the outdoor play area, the inside area (more like a canine social club!) is spacious and full of safe play equipment for your pup to burn off all of that excess energy. Pups have been known to engage in some serious impolite behavior (think: digging, chewing your favorite pair of shoes, leaving little… surprises) when left alone. The ample space Puppy Haven offers is a great way for your pup to run around, socialize, and play — ultimately leaving them sleepy and relaxed when you bring them home.
8. Puppy Haven also offers grooming services at a flat fee! If you’d like your pup bathed at the spa and feeling fresh before you take them home, Puppy Haven has you covered. They use deep-cleansing shampoo to get rid of any grime your pup may have picked up during a day of play and finish the process off with a rich conditioner to keep your pup’s coat shining. But the spa experience doesn’t stop there — they also give your pup a nice complimentary ear cleaning and brushing, followed by a massage. Are these pups pampered or what?!
9. As play groups are based on a multitude of factors designed to pair your pup with an ideal group of pals, the hands-on, loving staff at Puppy Haven are able to comfortably train your pup during their stay. Just look at this squad! Not only are they clearly best buds, they’re also extremely obedient best buds.
10. When visiting Puppy Haven, you may appreciate the small store and the various eco-friendly toys, leashes, collars, and other gear you can pick up for your pup on the way out. Although, somehow I doubt you’ll appreciate it as much as this pup does.
11. While field trips aren’t a regular thing, Puppy Haven is totally cage-free, ensuring every pup keeps a little of their wild side (while attentive staff supervise, of course).
12. The outdoor space at Puppy Haven often features a variety of doggie pools so your pup can cool off on a hot day. All that playing and running around can get you in the mood for a nice, cool dip.
13. Although Puppy Haven recommends you bring your pup’s own food when staying overnight, they also sell a variety of healthy, delicious treats and premium dog food (as well as cute little doggie bowls!). They also offer to feed your pup house meals for a small daily fee.
14. When pups aren’t featured on Puppy Haven’s Facebook page, they’re also on one of their three webcams! You can check in with your pup any time to see how they’re getting along in their play groups.
15. While Puppy Haven’s competitive rates may be enticing, the best parts about this doggie retreat are the personalized attention, abundant opportunities for socialization, and the home-like environment they try to recreate. Your pup will miss you. Your pup will probably miss you terribly, but in the end, your pal will find some friends, wrestle, nap in the sun, and get just distracted enough to have some fun.