There are two things I know about Atlantans: we love our Chick-Fil-A Sweet Tea and we love our dogs. So I know that working long hours or travelling for an extended length of time can be hard on you and your loveable pup. Most of the time, finding the best doggy daycare or boarding center can be even harder. There are so many factors to consider: location, quality of services, quality of environment — the list is endless. So let us help you with your research and give you a sneakpeak into the daily life of a pup at Barking Hound Village.
Barking Hound Village is Atlanta’s first triple-threat doggy resort. They not only provide overnight lodging, but daycare and grooming for your pups. First opened in 1999, David York was committed to running a facility that offered support, attention-to-detail, and optimal care. He wanted to create an environment his own pup, Sophie, would not only enjoy, but thrive in.
Sixteen years later, Barking Hound Village has seven different locations throughout Atlanta, each offering daycare, boarding, and grooming services. If your furry friend is in need of a second home while you’re away, here are 31 reasons why you should consider Barking Hound Village.
1. They have an athletic club! Not only are your pups well taken care of during the day, but they’re also hanging out with their friends and getting fit. Just look at these regale poses. After a long day of work, your pups will be so tired from all of the activity that they’ll just curl up right next to you to relax!
2. Every year Barking Hound Village makes it a point to visit Piedmont Park’s Splish Splash Doggie Bash. The event takes place over a two-day period at the Aquatic Center (right before they drain the pool), and you can see how these pups just love it!
3. At Barking Hound Village’s Buckhead Boarding, cuddle time is important. Finding a comfy place (or a comfy friend) is always easy. These pups are pooped from all the pampering and fresh, home-cooked meals they received during the day. They might miss their pet parents, but boy, do they ever love the attention. With private and group play times, all-suite boarding, and indoor and outdoor play areas — makes being away from home just a little bit easier.
4. Barking Hound Village’s Westside location also offers cat boarding for your feline friends. Away from the rambunctiousness of the pups, your kitty will have their own private room with a view, a kitty condo, and climbing tree. Your kitten will be basking in the sunlight in their new suite in no time.
5. BHV pups travel in style. Just ask Niko from the Inn! That’s a pup who’s excited to see all of his friends.
6. Your pups will have a great view, too. Especially at the Airport location, there’s a huge window for your furry friends to check out the great outdoors (when they’re not playing in it, that is!).
7. At the Airport, your pup will have time to reflect on their day. This arm chair is especially suited for contemplating serious topics: their existence, art, beauty, treats. The usual.
8. Your pups won’t just make friends at the Inn, they’ll form a posse. A well-trained posse, that is. Offering a variety of training services, your pups’ll learn expert socialization and obedience skills in no time.
9. Every location is unique, spacious, and full of fun activities. The indoor play area at Westside will really get your pup excited.
10. On especially hot days, your pups can take a quick dip in one of the many kiddie pools! Each location offers a large outdoor yard and a few small pools so your fur kids can play and cool down.
11. At the Village — and the other locations, too — pups are separated into play groups based on temperament, age, and size, just to keep everyone safe and happy. But sometimes friends are made in the unlikeliest places. Just ask Swanson and Smores!
12. They’ll make best friends. This one is self-explanatory! By themselves at home, your fur kids can get lonely and anxious, but at Barking Hound Village they’re likely to see the same furry faces every day, leading them to create lifetime bonds. Hello happiness, goodbye loneliness!
13. You can bring your own food when boarding your pups at Barking Hound Village, or you can take advantage of their personalized room service. Buckhead Boarding not only offers fresh, home-cooked meals of chicken and rice, but also a 24-hour concierge service. Your pups will be more spoiled than you are while you’re away!
14. Your pups will have plenty of time to relax and soak up the sun after a quick, gentle grooming session. Whether your pups like mohawks, mustaches, or buzzcuts, BHV’s groomers will combine creativity and gentleness to give you and your pups the look you’re going for. These talented groomers can also give your fur kids no-hassle nail trimmings, pedicures, massages, and even nail polishes! These pups sure do get pampered. I think Charlie and Beau Beau both agree!
15. Biscuit, a long-time customer at Barking Hound Village Inn, won the first place at Sutton Middle School #1 PAW Pageant (all proceeds of which go to Atlanta Pet Rescue and Adoption). If Biscuit can do it, your pups can, too!
16. Buckhead Boarding stimulates a welcoming, cozy environment — complete with a table, chairs, and comfy carpets. They also encourage you to bring your pups’ own beds, toys, treats, and food, to give them a sense of comfort. With all these amenities, your fur kids will have plenty of sleeping options and may even just feel a little less homesick.
17. Whether your pup likes Top 40 or NPR, the indoor space at the Airport location comes equipped with a radio to liven things up a little during downtime.
18. Check out this birthday boy playing peek-a-boo in the indoor play equipment at the Westside location! At Barking Hound Village, you can throw your pup a birthday bash with up to 12 of their friends. Pet parents can enjoy cupcakes and drinks while their pups enjoy doggie cake, ice cream, streamers, and balloons!
19. If your pups love camera ops, they’ll love Barking Hound Village. At BHV, they take TONS of photos. All locations have webcams and exclusive snout cams, too, so you can check in with your babies any time. As a pet parent, you’ll never have to wonder how your pups’ day went!
20. At the Athletic Club, your pups will have tons of room to run and play. All seven locations feature expansive play yards lined with gravel, which is cooler and more sanitary for paws than other surfaces (like dirt or concrete).
21. Halloween is the best (and cutest) time of year at Barking Hound Village. Just ask Yoda. Er… I mean, Atticus! Not only are costumes recommended, but there is also an annual Halloween Costume Contest with several winners, multiple categories, and lots of prizes. Your pups might just love all the attention they get, even if they squirm out of their costumes halfway through.
22. When pups are missing their pet parents during their travels, they turn to their furry companions at Buckhead Boarding for comfort. There’s a lot of love at BHV. A LOT of love.
23. What’s the deal with fire hydrants? I’m not sure Baby knows why she likes them, but she definitely knows she does. It’s little details like this that makes Baby appreciate the Village!
24. With so many play areas and lots of Vitamin D, your fur kids will feel on top of the world.
25. At Barking Hound Village, treats come with a price. Trick for a treat, you might say! BHV’s trainers use reward-based training (and all-natural treats) to train your pet while simultaneously improving their confidence. The only paws-first greeting you’ll get after these training sessions will be just like this one!
26. Barking Hound Village keeps your little (or big!) pups well-fed with a variety of premium dog brands, including Acana, Diamond Naturals, and Orijen Pet Foods. They also carry all-natural dog treats and even Lick-A-Lot doggie ice cream! A side effect of all that good food, it seems, is a whole lot of energy and happiness. They’ll feel like it’s their second home in no time.
27. Barking Hound Village accepts dogs of all breeds, shapes, sizes, and ages! Pups just have to be spayed, neutered, and non-aggressive with up-to-date vaccinations. Once these formalizations are out of the way, your pups are safe to mingle and interact with their new pals. And can we just mention the part about making friends again? Your fur kids will never be lonely!
28. Barking Hound Village is an award-winning luxury resort for your pup, and has been considered to be Atlanta’s best doggie daycare by multiple magazines! Whether your pups want to run around and explore like Bo or sit and relax in the sun like Bodhi Sue, each location has a huge outdoor space that is absolutely guaranteed to make them happy.
29. With lots of shade outside and a big air conditioner inside, your fur kids can run around at the Loft (and at the other locations) without ever overheating!
30. But if your pup’s feeling a little chilly, don’t worry, they’ve got you covered!
31. And finally, reason number 31: Barking Hound Village doesn’t promise your pups won’t miss you during the day (they will), but they do promise a healthy, stimulating environment, lots of reward-based training, and plenty of attention from doggy friends and trainers alike.